Postponements & Cancellations
As we re-open, some events may still be cancelled. If you hold tickets to a cancelled event, rest assured your tickets are protected and we will contact you in due course about your options for a refund or, where available, re-booking to another date.
Please be patient and wait to be contacted. The phone lines remain closed and the Wheeler Street box office is open from 6 pm on performance days for ticket collections only.
If you need to contact Box Office, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as we are able. Please note, we are currently experiencing a very high volume of emails and may take a few days to get back to you.
Youth Folk Music Opportunities
At The Cambridge Folk Festival you can see some of the best up and coming folk talent in the UK in The Den and get involved in fun folk music workshops at The Hub. But we are really keen to make sure that this exciting line up of artists and schedule of workshops doesn't just fit into the weekend of the Festival. There are plenty of opportunities throughout the UK to get involved with Youth Folk Music and on this page you will find some useful links and information about getting involved with different groups and go...beyond The Hub!
Opportunities across the UK:
National Folk Youth Ensemble
- Celebrating excellence in youth folk music, bringing together talented young folk musicians from across England to create and perform inspiring new arrangements of folk music and work with leading folk artists.
FolkWorks summer school
-Three Folkworks Summer Schools bring together folk music enthusiasts in unique and exciting environments to play, sing and dance.
- Exciting opportunities for people to participate in Scottish traditional music, song, dance and the Gaelic language.
- Soundpost was started in 2011 by Fay Hield, Sam Sweeney, Andy Bell and Jon Boden to bring music, song and dance into people's lives through participation and performance.
- Young people teaching young people at Sidmouth, Towersey and others.
- Workshops at Shrewsbury Folk Festival.
Digital Folk Project
- A detailed look at the uses, distributions and impacts of digital/digitised materials (e.g. recordings/transcriptions/manuscript reproductions) within England’s folk arts cultures.
- National Youth Folklore Troupe of England.
Hands Up For Trad
- A much-loved series of residential schools in traditional music for high school age (12-18) participants and an adult weekend for over 18s.
Opportunties in the Cambridge Area:
Cambridge Junction - The Fiver
The Fiver gives local bands the opportunity to gain their first experience of the professional music industry, with professional mentoring and advice from the Cambridge Junction team.
- Stapleford Granary is a study centre for the arts and music in south Cambridge, offering an inspiring space for a wide range of educational activities and courses.
- A fantastic resource and listings database of sessions, folk clubs, bands and ceilidhs .
Local Folk clubs:
Thanks to Rosie Hood who helped to gather the information provided on this page.
Broadcast and media partners