Cambridge Live is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We'll keep your data private and will only use it for the purposes set out in this statement and in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information.
The purpose of this statement is to explain how Cambridge Live collects and uses the personal information you provide to us and that we collect about you (whether it is collected online, via phone, email, post, or in any other correspondence, or from a third party).
Collecting your data
We collect your personal data in a variety of ways.
• Information you give us: for example, when you make a donation to us or buy tickets for a show you provide us with personal information such as your address and contact details.
• Information we get from your use of our website and our services. We collect information about the services you use and how you use them, like when you comment on our social media feeds or open an email from us.
• Information from third parties. We may also receive information about you from third parties. This can include information such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, your geographic location (for mobile devices), and credit/debit card details. We are able to confirm what browser you are using, IP address and computer operating systems that are being used and this information may be used to improve the services we offer to you.
Using your data
We use your data in a number of ways
Processing a transaction and delivering a service:
We may use personal data that you provide to us in order to deliver a service that we have promised to you, such as to sell you a ticket. When you book through Cambridge Live Tickets we use information to process your transaction such as your name, address and postcode and will always ask for your phone number and email address in case anything happens to the event you are attending. All of the information we hold is securely stored.
In order to process a transaction, your personal information and card details may be passed to third party service providers. Card details will only be used for the purpose of handling an individual transaction.
If you have provided consent for us to contact you about our activities then we may contact you using the details you have provided to let you know about activities that we think may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving information from us at any time.
In certain instances, we collect and use your personal information by relying on the legitimate interest legal basis. This means that we may contact you because we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your personal information to respond to you about an interest you have shown in the events we organise and there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information for this purpose. In most instances, however, we will rely on obtaining your proactive consent to our use of your personal information.
If you have purchased tickets through Cambridge Live Tickets for a non-Cambridge Live event and have given permission for us to share information with the promoter/organiser of the event you have booked for we will share your information with them. In this instance you will receive information from Cambridge Live and the organisation you have booked for only.
If you wanted to opt-out of receiving marketing information from a partner company who we have shared your data with after you have consented, please inform us and the partner company.
Cambridge Live may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- to third parties who provide a service to us and are data processors such as Spektrix, our ticketing system. Any third party must comply with our data protection policies and relevant data protection laws and make sure that appropriate controls are in place.
- where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies), or in order to enforce or apply our rights (including in relation to our ticket terms and conditions) or to protect Cambridge Live, for example in cases of suspected fraud or defamation.
-where we are acting as a Box Office for an external company/venue we will provide a door list (names and access needs only) before the performance in order for customers to collect tickets/gain entry. We require external companies/venues who work with us in this way to destroy the data immediately after use.
We will never share your details with any third parties for the purposes of their own marketing or the monetising of your data.
How do we keep your information safe?
Personal Information stored by us is kept in a secure environment. Only employees and approved representatives working on our behalf who need the information to perform a specific job, are granted access to personally identifiable information.
We keep your personal information only for as long as required to operate the service we are providing to you or in accordance with legal requirements such as tax and accounting rules. If you do not use an account with us for two years or more, your data will be deleted. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Opting out or having your data deleted
If you would like to change your contact preferences, such as the methods we can use to contact you or to change the purposes for which we can contact you, you can update your preferences yourself by logging in here or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to request all data that we hold on you is deleted, you can send an email to email@example.com and your account will be deleted.
You may opt-out of our email communications at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in at the end of our emails.
Any text message communications e.g. if you make a donation via text message, will provide you with an opt out message to prevent any further communication.
If you are under 18, you are unable under law to provide consent that allows us to contact you. You need a parent or guardian to provide this consent for you. All account holders are asked for their date of birth so that we can ensure that we are not contacting people who are under 18 without parental consent.
Some of our educational events involve young people and we may need to collect their data so that we can contact them about a project that they are involved with. If we collect this data, we will also collect parental consent to store and use these details for the purpose of engaging the young person in the project.
Drupal 7 functional cookie (used by CMS):
AddThis social network sharing tool sets these cookies:
Google Analytics sets these cookies:
If you have any concerns about cookies, or want to remove cookies from your computer, please visit All About Cookies which explains how to do this.
For more information