Just a few reasons why you should choose Cambridge for your event
· Cambridge is not just a university city; it offers visitors a unique experience that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
· Cambridge has an excellent central location within the UK with great access, less than an hour from London & several international airports, plus it’s compact and easy to get around.
· For conference delegates Cambridge offers a calm, comfortable, distraction free location, where your delegates can focus on the meeting’s agenda and then enjoy unusual spaces for break-outs and refreshments in immaculate gardens or quiet cloisters that are perfect for relaxing or networking.
· Today’s event planners want to offer so much more than straight presentations; Cambridge has the venues, the outside space, the ambience, the technical ability, the people, the culture, the imagination and 800 years of experience to bring any event to life.
· Cambridge is the quintessential English destination. Our world-famous Colleges offer visitors a unique and inspiring mix of spaces for conferences, meetings and events. Ancient courts and halls sit alongside contemporary purpose-built centres brimming with the latest technology, where excellent service and delicious cuisine create a special ambience that only an academic venue can.
· With 800 years of history, you can tread in the steps of our famed alumni – from Isaac Newton and Charles Darwin to Stephen Hawking, William Wordsworth, Samuel Pepys to Stephen Fry and Prince Charles and Jeremy Paxman to David Mitchell.
· Cambridge is easy to reach: 30 minutes from Stansted Airport by train, or road; 45 minutes from London King’s Cross train station, adjacent to St Pancras International, less than an hour from Harwich and just minutes from the main M11 motorway.
· Historically, international events hosted in Cambridge attract greater delegate numbers than other destinations; it’s so much more than a conference destination. Interesting landmarks, museums and galleries give delegates the opportunity to enjoy a rich and varied social programme too.
And why the Corn Exchange & Guildhalls?
· Dating from the 18th century, the Corn Exchange & Guildhalls provide both a historical and unique venue for your event whilst also offering the space and state of the art facilities to host up to 1400 conference delegates.
· We are the only venue of this size within the city centre of Cambridge - a city with imagination, architecturally stunning venues, green outside spaces, ambience, intellectual capital, research excellence, culture, arts and music, great cuisine, people and service.
· For multi-site events we work closely with our partners across Cambridge in order to create a bespoke event to accommodate all your requirements. Compared with hotel options, we are able to offer a unique experience at great value without any compromises.