Voting in the 2019 UK Festival Awards is now open and you can vote for Cambridge Folk Festival in two categories: Best Medium Festival and Best Metropolitan Festival. It would mean so much if you can spare two minutes and give us your vote! Voting closes on 25th October.
A few reasons to vote for us
- Every year we strive to improve our environmental record by banning single use plastic and encouraging festival-goers to use public transport.
- Half of our acts are women or women-led and we are dedicated to gender balance both on-stage and off.
- Every year, festival-goers get to enjoy the beautiful grounds of Cherry Hinton Hall and Coldham’s Common, whether they are camping, bivouacking in one of our absurdly comfortable glamping spots, or just coming for the day.
- We support emerging artists through our up-and-coming talent stage The Den, presenting showcase acts in the Club Tent, and by hosting the Christian Raphael Prize. These dedicated spaces and prizes help the next generation of folk talent at every stage of their careers.
- Year after year, the Folk Festival brings top musicians and performers right into the heart of Cambridge, which is why so many of you have been coming every year since 1965.
- It’s not just great music, it’s a great weekend for the entire family and we pride ourselves on being exceptionally family-friendly.
And the beer is wonderful...
Photo: Aaron Parsons Photography